Thursday, April 28, 2005

A New Journey

Hi and thanks for visiting our little corner of the blogosphere! I've been a member of Christian-e-authors for several years and consider the members to be friends and colleagues.

I discovered electronic publishing before I discovered that I was called to write for the Christian market, so my first electronic release was a Civil-War time-travel romance novel. It was released first as a download and diskette, and a year later as a mass-market sized paperback. The publisher, New Concepts asked me to add 20,000 words to this book before publication, illustrating that electronic publishers have much greater freedom to publish longer stories. In fact, e-pubs, as they're called, have greater freedom in many ways, including the mixing of genres which major publishers don't know how to market.

After this book, I wrote a contemporary inspirational romance for my current publisher, MountainView Publishing, and this book was a finalist for the prestigious EPPIE Award. The EPPIE is awarded by EPIC, the Electronic Publishing Internet Connection.

What I've learned over the past 8 years is that any and every type of medium works when we write for Him. Blogging is just the latest form of publication, and we have to take advantage of every opportunity to reach readers.

Hope you will continue along on our journey.

1 Comments:

Blogger eileen said...

So excited to be joining in this new venture in BLOGspace!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home