Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Priorities

I got word last night that my children's book should be delivered by the end of the week. I'm excited of course, but now the nerves are jumping like barefoot kids on a hot sidewalk. Several times, I've woke up from a deep sleep thinking of just one word that I could have changed - when you write a picture book, there aren't that many words! Every one is scrutinized at length.

This morning as I pondered the book's arrival, it dawned on me that when eternity stretches out before me, this is but a piece of gravel on the highway of life. When's the last time I analyzed every word spoken to make sure I'm speaking words of life? When's the last time I woke up from a deep sleep with someone to pray for on my mind? Do I look for Jesus' arrival with greater anticipation than a book's?

I'm SO thankful and blessed to have this book coming out, but I must stop and prioritize. I don't know about you, but I can get caught up in the mundane and forget the mighty.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhodi Alers de López said...

Your writing, dear Donna, is always inspiring and uplifting, bringing us a lesson for eternity. I thank God for you!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home