Sunday, May 15, 2005

A little intro, please

Guess it's my turn to say hello and do a little intro. I have a blog called Down the Writer's Path where I offer news and commentary on the writing life and craft and the publishing industry. I'm published in both traditional and electronic publishing. In the traditional publishing world, I've co-authored three travel books, with the third, Exploring Texas History: Weekend Adventures, released this month. The book is structured to be read as a collection of short stories and/or used as a travel book. My first young adult book, Divided Loyalties, published by Awe-Struck E-Books, is in both e-book and paperback format. Inspired by my research for Divided Loyalties, I recently launched a website called TeensTakeAction.com. At the end of summer, a second young adult book, Video Magic, will be released.

So far my publishing history in books and articles, fiction and nonfiction, has primarily been on the secular side of publishing. I recently ended a two-year stint as a communications director for my church where I created and published a 16-24 magazine-format newsletter and wrote a few other articles on religious art. (See Writing in Gold and Art Inspires the Soul.) Although my young adult books are not published by Christian publishers, they are considered to be very clean. One reviewer called Divided Loyalties a "G-rated book without any steamy love scenes to offend young readers." While they have romance in them, the stories occur during that short window when two people meet and discover an attraction to one another, while, at the same time, they continue to face life and deal with issues such as loyalty, anger, and envy. My current project is nonfiction and definitely falls on the Christian side of publishing.

It's exciting to be a part of this new blogging effort, and I hope you'll my contributions and that of the others and will stop by my other blog and say hello there, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lillie Ammann said...

It's great to see someone involved in both traditional and electronic publishing. Sometimes people think the two worlds are mutually exclusive. Glad to see you're proving they aren't, Vikk!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home