Saturday, August 13, 2005

Do you have a hard time giving?

I would like to say the principle that tells us: we receive more blessings by giving than receiving, works for any who will embrace it with a joyful heart.

The world use the principles in the Bible and they prosper but many Christians don't embrace them or if they do it's not with the right heartset.

The Principle Works! And it works quickly.

" ...it is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35)KJV

Those words appear in red letters....so you know those are words from the Christ. I wouldn't question those words. I'd accept them and apply them to my daily actions and every motive/intent that's in my heart. Ask the Father for directions and wait for the answers. Once I hear the answers I follow them to the letter.

I'm always looking for a way to help someone or give something away. Many days I leave the house shopping for something to give away. I must say most of the time I receive multiple returns on the gift before I get back home.

The word of God is true and if you (this means anyone) want to receive then look for ways to freely give. Don't look at what the person you're giving something to will do for you. In fact, I don't want them to do anything for me. Why? Because then the word that God sent out will have to perform a thing on my behalf. God can bless much greater than man. And you never know when he'll cause a man's heart to be turned towards you and show favor to you.

Principle in action:

One day my family was out driving with no particular destination. At the stop light a man had a sign asking for money (which put a smile on my husbands heart). Not that the man had a need but that he was willing to ask for help instead of stealing and that this man was presenting an opportunity for my husband to give. He hadn't stopped the car completely (the light was red), and he had already undid his seatbelt and was lifting himself out of the seat trying to get his wallet out of his back pocket. He quickly pulled out $5 which was all he had and excitedly giving it to the guy. It did take the man by surprise the way my husband was acting. And here's the reward to that gift.

Later that evening we were browsing through a store and I saw some vitamin supplements that I thought were identical to the bottle we had purchased earlier that day. I took a bottle to my husband to examine. He then told me that they were a little better than the ones we can gotten earlier because they had not only an extra ingredient but that they were stronger. His thing was that it would have been better to get those than than the ones we had purchased. I have no problem returning an item for a refund so I told him I'll return the one item that we'd purchased for $30 and purchase this new item.

And now for the kicker: Why is it more blessed to give than to receive? We purchased 50 bottles of that supplement that day. The reason we purchased so many was because I believe in stocking up and taking full advantage of a blessing that presents itself. The new and better supplement was only $1.00 per bottle. WOW!Look at the principle of God work.

It is better if we concentrate on building up spiritual wealth not natural wealth (nothing wrong with wealth either it's just not what's driving us), because the spiritual will cause the natural to manifest. We do good to stand on the word and trust in the Father and not be moved by what we can see or touch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna J. Shepherd said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Donna J. Shepherd said...

Wow! You should be one healthy person! :)

Great post, and one with which I agree with my whole heart!

(Messed up my response the first time! Probably won't be the last. *g*)

God bless, and keep posting. - Donna

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home